14 Dec 2012

Change of protein treatment! Home made conditioner!

Lisa also stressed to me the need to get proper trimming scissors. Well, I made a huge mistake by using paper scissors because apparently, they aren't sharp enough and may therefore worsen the split ends. So yeah! I need to get proper sharp, trimming scissors!


I have finally been brought on into using egg as a protein treatment! I want to be as natural as possible so I won't be using Aphogee or ORS Hair mayonnaise, but instead, I want to stick to the natural properties as possible and stay away from too many chemicals. As usual, I shall be doing a protein treatment once a month after my usual hot oils/wash times (see hair duties track list). It is key to maintain a good moisture/protein balance according to your hair needs. I love protein, and since your hair is made up of protein (keratin), it won't do any harm at all, in fact, it is higly beneficial! Hitherto, I had been using greek yoghurt as my main protein treatment but I realised it was too costly for me every month so I am going to stop. Also, I used raw avocado mash which cost me a lot so instead I will buy avocado oil. Another reason for using egg is because there is nothing better than making use of in-your-kitchen or in-your-cupboard stuff, easy, accessible and cheap! Especially, if you're a busy woman. Egg is a great source of protein! Make sure you wear an old shirt before doing this, it could get messy. My treatment will follow:

Egg-yolk hair repair treatment
  • Crack open one egg
  • Mix in my mixer cup while pouring in one tablespoon of olive oil
  • Rub and massage around hair
  • Cover hair with shower cap
  • Leave for an hour
  • Rinse out with lukewarm/cold water and cheap conditioner (you do not want to cook the egg)
you can add:
yoghurt/mayo

Your hair should feel really strong afterwards! I have no complaints having used greek yoghurt because it made my hair feel really strong afterwards. Depending on your hair needs, you can use 1 or 2 eggs. Raw eggs contain a significant concentration of essential proteins and other nutrients. As a matter of fact, one egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all 9 essential amino acids. Additionally, eggs  contain naturally occurring vitamin D.



pt1.
pt2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?