17 Dec 2012

New (permanent) Deep Conditioner! & last shopping

Okay see, you can always keep track of my current products in the Hair Duties Track List page. I have finally gathered all my hair products. I did my hopefully, last hair products shopping a couple of days ago with Lisa. I like to just have all my needs catered for in one go instead having to go back and forth. I know my staple products and they should last me for hopefully more than 6 months or a year. Before the start of my hair journey, I never had this many products but I am pleased to say I care.

I bought  a new deep conditioner, having paid a much closer attention to my old one by Elasta QP. The Soy Oyl DC contained petrolatum and lanolin oil. I had a constant battle with myself because I wanted to make a commitment to myself and my hair regarding these bad substances, however the cost of it made me consider just sticking to it. But you know what, I should respect my hair a lot more and care for, regardless of the cost or energy required. I want to make a good start. Indeed, one thing about this journey is you will learn and realise on the way and such should be embraced.

For some reason, the bottle in the picture looks smaller compared to the actual bottle. I bought this Professional bottle size for £6.45. I tried uploading my own but it wouldn't let me. This bottle is 1Litre. I bought it because it did not have any sulphates, lanolin oil, petrolatum etc. In fact, the second ingredient is soybean oil. The ingredient list is listed according to the percentage content. So as you read through the list from left to right, the percentage of that substance in the bottle is lower. The third ingredient is glycerin, then olive oil. This really impressed me and I bought it, after a long search around the shop for an affordable and healthy staple product. You would be surprised by the amount of hair products that contain harmful substances. You have to be determined to search specifically. It wasn't a problem for me because my love for my hair helps me with it. It wasn't so much a mission because I love hair product shopping! I will miss it for a while but right now I am comfortable having purchased everything now. This product should last me for  about a year, hopefully and I find I will be using DC often. It is both moisturising and a light protein which can be used after my egg protein treatment aswell.

I also bought:
- Biona Virgin Coconut Oil: this actually smells like real coconut! It makes want to eat it, yum! The coconut oil I was previously using did not smell like coconut oil at all, but I didn't think it matteed because it moisturised my hair and strengthened it. However, thanks to Lisa (omg, get yourself a natural hair buddy!) she enlightened me and showed me where to buy this one she bought. It was about £5 but so worth it! She's used hers for about 6 months now and she's only half way. A little a day goes a long way.
- Applicator bottle: I will be mixing my oils in here for my hot oil treatment to make it easier for me to apply it to my scalp.
- Tiny spritz bottle: use during braids, to spray oil on my scalp
- Another spray bottle: one for my water and rose water mix and the other (older one) for anything like conditioner/shapoo mix for my braids






No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?