23 Oct 2013

Protective Stylin' for winter


Hey guys!
I went to manchester for the weekend to visit my uncle and his wife. She did my hair for me! I did twists (as usual because they are the least time consuming to do and to take out) with afro kinky textured hair. I heard that the older they get, the better and more natural they look as they start to resemble dreadlocks. Can't wait?! The sections are quite big because I simply wanted a quick style that would allow me to tuck my hair away for the winter and pack it up throughout!

I know I decided not to let anyone do my hair since handling relaxed hair is very different to handling natural hair. I believe that unless the person doing your hair is a natural or knows how to care for that sort of hair in such a patient and caring manner, do not let them handle your hair LOL. Yes, lessons learned! My hair takes patience and cutting sections will need a little movement with the fingers -  It won't open up like a stage curtain. And that's fine - I KNOW my hair and I felt it would be better for me to join the crew of girls who did their own hair (about time!). I asked my aunt to teach me how to start off a single twist/braid. I know how to cornrow and braid already but not how to start it off with an extension. She also thought me how to twist neatly. CHECK OUT THE NEXT POST.

Regimen for this protective style? It's easier for me to do the green house method now! So yeah! Will be doing this every night. Planning to keep it in for a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?