26 Apr 2015

New hair! *WIG REGIMEN PROTECTIVE STYLE*


I have never had problems wearing wigs...


My custom U-Part Wig, November, 2014:
I made my own u-part wig in November, last year. This was my first time trying to make a wig and it came out so good. I will post pictures of the process in later posts. In the picture below,  I looked back and realise how much this style suited me. Also, it is almost the same length as my natural hair before I cut it.
























AFTER: Cutting Hair April 2015 - Back to my u-part wig.

I cut all of my hair, but I left a middle part as a leave-out for my U-Part wig. I would straighten this leave-out to blend it in.
I went to my aunts salon so she could give me a professional sew-in and straightening (although I could do it myself and at home), there is just something brand new about having your hair pampered by someone else. My aunt braided around the perimeter of the U and braided a horizontal line at the bottom of my nape (as the hair was still long enough) and sew the hair around those perimeter. She then straighthened my leave-out and blended it in with the human hair. This hair is a kinky-textured hair.

My regimen: It stays the same (click the link above). I take out the wig every month and wash it, wash and condition my hair and put it back on. I avoid wetting the leave-out to try and maintain the straightness for two months. This keeps it healthy and definitely minimises heat damage. Currently, the hair underneath is not twisted up or anything, but as my hair grows, I will consider braiding it or twisting it down. I love this protective style!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?